Why is the Leeds area such a great place to get married?
Share this page using the buttons below:
- We have the Yorkshire Dales – beautiful, rugged countryside within 20 miles of the city centre.
- Leeds is the third largest city in England and the sixth greenest city in the UK.
- Leeds welcomes 25 million day visitors every day!
- Leeds came in the top 10 ‘Best UK destinations’ by TripAdvisor’s 2014 Traveller’s Choice Award.
- Our architecture is amazing – Leeds has the most listed buildings than any other city outside of London.
- Leeds City Station is the busiest in the UK outside of central London, with more than 900 trains and 100,000 passengers every day.
- It takes just 2hrs 6mins to travel between Leeds to London by train.
- We make shopping easy on your feet – packing in tons of shops without sprawling over a massive area. Leeds city centre has 3.5 million square feet of retail floorspace, five miles of shopping streets and one of the country’s largest pedestrianised shopping areas.
- Leeds is consistently ranked as one of the UK’s top five retail destinations – we have over 1,000 shops!
Leeds transport links and travel informationWhether you are coming by car, rail or air, our transport links are second to none. It’s so easy to get to Leeds – which means your guests will have no trouble travelling! Forming part of Yorkshire’s illustrious ‘Golden Triangle’ between York and Harrogate, Leeds is also within easy reach of other thriving northern cities, including Sheffield, Manchester, Harrogate, York, Bradford and Hull. You can find our travel guide here.
Everything you need for your wedding in/near Leeds
|The Mansion||Braime Pressings|
|Everything you need to make your big day go with a bang, from looking the part to having your cake and eating it, and beautiful blooms to arriving in style!|
|Wedding dress shops||Bridal hair and make up|
|Wedding cars and transport||Wedding and engagement photographers and photobooths|
|Invitations and stationery||Wedding decoration and event styling|
|Some of our wedding venues offer accommodation, but for those that don’t, there are a wealth of accommodation options to provide you and your guests with an ideal base for exploring Leeds and the surrounding area.|
|Leeds has some incredible places to eat, with a focus on artisanal producers, local suppliers and tastes from around the globe.|